Site of Manchester’s first power station redesigned as ‘mid-century’ offices
22nd August 2023
Dickinson Street power station opened in 1893 but only last a few decades
The site of Manchester’s first power station has reopened as offices in the heart of the city centre — and used mid-century design to inspire it.
Linley House, a ten-storey 1960s building on Dickinson Street, off Portland Street, has been refurbished by architects MoreySmith. Originally, the site was home to Manchester’s first power station, designed by Dr John Hopkinson.
Click here to read more...